Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gennyl23
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Whole Home Wifi App & Firmware Issue

I am hoping someone can help me.

I originally bought 2 AC2600 White (not mini) Whole home wifi discs.  I found the set up via the app easy to do and had them all connected to my app for some time.

I then bought a single add on disc and again found this easy to install using the App and everything has been working brilliantly for the last 6 months.

Today I have bought 2 more add on discs for my network but when I went to my App it didn't show my current network and only the options to install a new network.  I have tried using this to allow me to view my current network and also tried setting up the new discs as if they are a new network.

The App is a right pain!  It tells me to wait until the lights are blue and scan the QR code (which works fine and my phone connects perfectly to the disc that I have scanned.  But after this it says it can't detect the disc and asks me to wait until it is blue (it is) and check its connection to my main router (which it is connected fine to).

I have read lots of posts about going to the Bt My Device link and updating the firmware on the discs to the latest versions and try again.  But when I do this and enter the admin password on the router, it just circles around endlessly connecting to the page but never actually connects.

I have tried turning all the discs off, restarting my actual router and turning on only disc 1 but I have the same issue no matter what I try.  I have tried turning everything off and starting with a fresh installation of the 2 new discs I bought (with a view to installing the others as add ons after a factory reset).  It wont even show the new discs in the BThome/my device page and it still says on the app that these can not be detected.

The only option left to me is to factory reset all the discs but I am reluctant to do that because if they then don't connect, I am left without a network.

Does anyone have any advice?  I have read a lot of bad info about the latest firmware update and the new update to the App and am at the point where I want to sell all the routers and move to another type of mesh network that doesn't have this problem.

Id much rather do the set up without the app and using my laptop but I don't think there is a way to do this.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Whole Home Wifi App & Firmware Issue

Hi @gennyl23 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems setting up the extra discs. Are you able to check if the current discs have the latest firmware? What colour are the new discs? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
gennyl23
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Discs are white and the same as my old ones.  As the post says, I can't check the firmware as the link to check the discs just circles around and around and doesn't ever give any information

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for confirming that @gennyl23.

Perhaps our devices expert @Dan-O  might be able to help. Hopefully he'll pop along shortly.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings