cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Wholehome Discs Ethernet port

I Have a summer house and have my 5th Wholehome disc in there which works quite well although always on yellow due to the distance from the nearest disc.

I have recently installed a Wired Ethernet cable out to the summerhouse and plugged it into the back of the whole -home disc thinking it may improve the wi-fi but the disc is still indicating a yellow light and i don't thing the Wired ethernet connection has changed it at all.

I believe the ethernet port on the back of the disc is for plugging directly into a smart TV or Network music player.

I cannot find any conclusive information in relation to this.

DO i have to change the settings on the disc as i cannot seem to find out where to do this.

Any help would be awesome.

Regards,

J

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Wholehome Discs Ethernet port

Depending on the Whole home version the Ethernet method changes have you Whole Home Original (GEN1) or Mini or Premium?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi ,

How do i know,

I cannot remember seeing any info on my bill.

i have had them about a year now!!

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Assuming the age and if they are White , they should be GEN 1 (Dual-band AC2600) see https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-whole-home-wi-fi-088269-CDXH.html?refs=60460000
Check the App under discs detail (Connection) you should see Ethernet, I am assuming both are connected direct to the HUB!
0 Ratings