cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Wi-Fi SSIDs Not Active on BT Hub 6

Go to solution

I had a problem a couple of  years ago where the BT Wi-Fi and FON SSIDs were not appearing on my BT Hub 6. Last year, after many regular monthly calls from BT Support, the SSIDs finally appeared.

This year I spotted that all the BT Wi-Fi SSIDs had disappeared again. I tried contacting BT Support Chat, but the person I conversed with for over 30 minutes didn't seem to understand what I say and tried to get me to subscribe to BT Wi-Fi. When I explained that I was a BT Broadband Customer and this included BT Wi-Fi, they then insisted that BT Hubs have never transmitted the SSIDs for BT Wi-Fi !

I gave up in the end, and thought I would try the BT Community instead in case I had got it all wrong.

On my hub status page it clearly states:

BT Wi-fi status:                                Active

Should my hub be transmitting the SSIDs for BT Wi-Fi and FON, and if so how would you suggest I progress the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Wi-Fi SSIDs Not Active on BT Hub 6

Go to solution

A factory reset of the home hub, should re-enable them. Its possible the configuration file has been corrupted. This will be restored by the factory reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

You should still see BT Wi-Fi but you will no longer see FON.

"BT Wi-fi is born: BT Fon and BT Openzone hotspots are now under one roof called BT Wi-fi. "

https://fon.com/bt-wifi-with-fon-rebranding/#:~:text=In%20the%20last%20days%2C%20BT,re%20really%20ex....

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the info - unfortunately no BT Wi-Fi SSIDs of any flavour seem to be being transmitted 😔

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Have you opted out?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

No - quite happy to provide a BT Wi-Fi hotspot and want to use any other ones including FON abroad. I have been searching the web to see where I could have opted out and if so to opt in again.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks - I'll give it a try tomorrow 🤗
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

www.bt.com/btwifi > 

If you haven't opted out, then you will see a screen offering you the chance to do so

If you have opted out, you will see the screen below offering you the chance to opt back in.

BT WI-Fi.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks for the link 😊
Checked and it says " BT Wi-fi Included with your products".
And in the liinked page it gives me the option to "opt out". I'll try opting out and then leave it a few days and the sign up again - not going out much at the moment under Tier 4 😔
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Third for the advice. Just tried a factory reset but no appearance of  BT Wi-Fi SSIDs 😔

0 Ratings