cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Wifi Disc not connecting to BT Smart Hub 2, constant red flashing light.

Go to solution

Hi,

I just made an account to ask this and hopefully get a solution. I've had my WiFi disc for months now and it's worked really well but just last night it stopped working, so I turned it off and back on again and it started to flash red. I checked the guide and it said that it meant that "Your disc is not connected to your Smart Hub 2".

So I tried restarting the disc again, didnt work. I tried restarting the hub, didn't work. I tried using WPS to connect the two devices, didn't work. I tried to use an ethernet cable, that worked until I plugged it out, then the problem reappeared. I saw somewhere that doing a factory reset on the disc would work, nope. I feel like I've tried pretty much everything by now but it still isn't working. 

Am I missing something? Is there anything else I haven't tried? I've looked all around the BT community site and didn't find anything that worked. I've heard that leaving it alone for a day or two helps?

Any help would be massively appriciated!

Thanks,

Ty

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Wifi Disc not connecting to BT Smart Hub 2, constant red flashing light.

Go to solution

@ty_sellen 

Please can you confirm that its a black disk that you have?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Yeah, it's the black WiFi Disc.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@ty_sellen wrote:

Yeah, it's the black WiFi Disc.

I assume it was provided as part of the BT Complete Wifi guarantee?

The install guide should tell you the correct MyBT app to use, and how to install your disc (it doesn't need to be connected to the hub).

Are you using the correct and latest version of the app?

If you're still having trouble call the BT Complete Wi-Fi helpdesk (details in your box).

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
It was provided as part of that guarantee. I'll double check that I'm using the latest version of the app, and if not I'll try again. If it does work I'll let you know 🙂
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

There are a couple of BT Device Experts that sometimes post on this forum, and may be able to give you more help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

I have the same problem. My disc stopped working. I connected to my hub with the cable and got a solid blue light. when I unplug the cable it flashes blue and occasionally red but will not go solid blue. I have tried to factory reset and follow the app but cant get past the flashing blue once i have unplugged the ethernet. Very frustrating.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
0 Ratings