cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
56Steadie
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Wifi Disc wont connect to BTHub6

I have a BTHub6 and cannot get my new BT Wifi disc to connect to it - it just shows the red light

I have connected both devices via and ethernet cable to pair and even performed the factory reset on the disc, it goes thru the set up routine flashing blue then blue - but always ends up red.

When I connect to my router (via 192...……) I can see the WIFI disc connected via ethernet 

Please note I do not have BT complete wifi - but in buying the WIFI disc it says can connect to any service provider or device

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Wifi Disc wont connect to BTHub6

A few questions:
1. What's the disc Black or White ?
2. What Hub arte you using
3. Are you leaving one disc connected to the HUB using the Ethernet cable after setting up.
4. Are you using the BT Whole home App to install
5. What port are you using on your HUB to connect?
6. Have you tried factory resetting the discs
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

@56Steadie wrote:

I have a BTHub6 and cannot get my new BT Wifi disc to connect to it - it just shows the red light

I have connected both devices via and ethernet cable to pair and even performed the factory reset on the disc, it goes thru the set up routine flashing blue then blue - but always ends up red.

When I connect to my router (via 192...……) I can see the WIFI disc connected via ethernet 

Please note I do not have BT complete wifi - but in buying the WIFI disc it says can connect to any service provider or device

@56Steadie You can only use the white discs with the home hub 6, and you always need one of them connected to an Ethernet port on the home hub, so a minimum of two  are needed. They can be used with any provider.

The black discs can only be used with the BT Smart Hub 2, so that would not be with any other provider apart from BT.

0 Ratings
56Steadie
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

A few questions:
1. What's the disc Black or White ? --Black
2. What Hub are you using ----  says above BTHUB6 
3. Are you leaving one disc connected to the HUB using the Ethernet cable after setting up. - it never sets up 
4. Are you using the BT Whole home App to install - tried it but cant get past first set up section as Disc never connects

5. What port are you using on your HUB to connect? Port 1
6. Have you tried factory resetting the discs - Yes
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

You cannot use the black discs with the home hub 6, they only work with the BT Smart Hub 2. I suggest you return them to the place you bought them from.

Its only the white Whole Home discs that can be used with any router.

whole home disk.jpg

https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-whole-home-wi-fi-088269-CDXH.html

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Keith is correct, you can only use the black complete Wi-fi discs with BT's service and they will provide the HUB. please note if you have purchased from eBay then return them. Unless purchased outright from BT i.e. The Discs provided with the BT SMART HUB 2 are the owned by BT
Eg. Ownership of broadband hubs and TV boxes Unless purchased outright as from the 13 December 2019, BT own all BT Broadband Hubs (Hub 4, Smart Hub, Ultrafast Smart Hub and Smart Hub 2) and TV Boxes (Z4, G4 and G5) sent out to customers.
0 Ratings