cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 33

Re: BT Wifi and Roberts Radio

Ah yes - I have quite a few (laptop, mobile phone, printer, Apple TV). All working normally. I tried switching the 5ghz band off but it didn't make any difference. It is soooooo odd.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 22 of 33

Do you have any Black Wi-Fi discs?

If not then you could try changing the wireless mode to Mode 2, don't do it if you do have the black disc as there's a good chance it will stop working

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 33

Can you check what the WiFi security setting is on your hub?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 33

Default is WPA2

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 33

Thanks, it is WPA2. I did switch this off briefly to see if that helped. But it didn't.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 26 of 33

I'm just about all out of ideas so one desperate last throw of the dice.

Did you see message 22? 

Disconnect one of your working devices and use it to rescan for wireless networks, can you see yours in the list?

Going back to message 13, did you enter your SSID (the line below the DNS settings)

As you have other wifi devices working successfully and have proven the radio to be good, I can think of no reason why you shouldn't be able to establish a manual connection following that procedure. Even my typo (the secondary DNS server address) wouldn't stop that.

Good luck, it sounds like you need it.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 33

@Anonymous , @ian2021 

It could be interference from a power supply, or a domestic appliance / TV gadgets.

Is your SH2 near to any power supplies? Minimum should be greater than  3-4 feet.

Channel 1 2.5 GHz doesn't work here, and never worked reliably on previous Home Hubs, going back to the HH4.

Does the Apple Play have a power supply.....turn it off, as a trial.

Then fix your 2.5 GHz channel to a higher number. (Ch 6?)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 28 of 33

@Ribblelancswrote:

@Anonymous , @ian2021 

It could be interference from a power supply, or a domestic appliance / TV gadgets.

Is your SH2 near to any power supplies? Minimum should be greater than  3-4 feet.

Channel 1 2.5 GHz doesn't work here, and never worked reliably on previous Home Hubs, going back to the HH4.

Does the Apple Play have a power supply.....turn it off, as a trial.

Then fix your 2.5 GHz channel to a higher number. (Ch 6?)

All very valid points which could be responsible for a bad connection, but what's got the beating of me is why is a device which is able to see other WiFi networks unable to find the OP's SSID when he has other WiFi devices working successfully. Very strange.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 29 of 33

Trying to think about this logically:-

In message 1 you mention that the Roberts radio cannot find your network.

In message 19 you mention it finding 12 other networks.

Both radio and router are OK but for some strange reason won't work together, you have already changed the radio which made no difference.

Conclusion(?)
In my mind at least (don't put to much value on that 😃), The router is the only thing you haven't changed, do you have a spare one? maybe an old one that you retained when you upgraded to the SH2?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 33

Thank you Mr M - yes, I was coming to the same conclusion - it must be some weird thing about the router and Robert. I'll borrow one and try - as you say - I have done everything else! Thanks for your continued support.