cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Wifi

I have the Hub6 but i'm not completely hooked on it so i would like to go back to my HH5 + OR Modem , this is easy but BT Wifi is activated on the HH5 and when i go to the site to opt out it does not recognise my email so i cant log in to remove this, using my bt email and my gmail (Main GB Account Email) both are not recognised.

Can someone look into this please..

Mark

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wifi

Hi @markeagles4,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

I did reply not been contacted yet
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @markeagles4,

I've had a look at our email queue and can see we've received your details. There are a few cases a head of you in the queue and we'll reply as soon as we can.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Mark,

I think it depends which site you're trying to log in to.

If you go to the new my.btwifi.com/selfcare (which is where the Smart Hub itself links to), my experience is that it recognises neither my BT ID nor my old BT email address (which I've never used for email but which BT Wifi insists on using as part of my credentials.). From what I've heard, that site doesn't recognise ANY address that anyone feeds it, just responding "We don't recognise those details. Please try again." It seems to be broken.

However, if you go to the old bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do BT Wifi page, you should find that it accepts your BT Internet email address. It accepts mine, anyway (although not my BT ID) and gives me the option of opting into or out of BT Wifi.

Hope this helps you, although BT have made such a mess of this that we can't assume there's any consistency in what works for different people and what doesn't! 

0 Ratings