Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rayjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Yahoo Search Engine

Go to solution

Hi my BT Yahoo Search engine has been ok till now every page or on reboot google has taken over I have tryed Tools. Internet Options. General Tab: http://home.bt.com has not changed. Progroms Tab: Internet Explorer Default web browser not changed. How do I get rid of google taking over and go back to Yahoo search when booting or opening a new Tab my hub is BTHUB3 Unlimited Broadband [not infinity] customer. Hope somebody can Help thank you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Yahoo Search Engine

Go to solution

BT now use Google as the default search engine, not Yahoo.

If you are using the BT version of Internet Explorer, then that will alway default to Google.

Use a different web browser, or a non-BT version of IE.

Highlighted
rayjon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for info

I new BT was moving from Yahoo Search.

They should let customers know they have moved.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

They did this a while ago. If you look at the top of this page you will see the BT search box showing Google.

0 Ratings
jtrucka2011
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

i have tried uninstalling it because it is nothing but trouble ,,,  but it is still there ,,, it has taken over my search ,, but it does not work ,,, i will not be a happy chappie if i have to do a fresh install to get rid of it ,,,  i wonder how yahoo and bt would feel if i tried to take over their account and refused to move ,,, i hate sneaky things like this ,,, both yahoo and bt should be exterminated for the sake of humanity ,,, rabble ,,,

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

If you are using the BT enhanced Internet Explorer browser there was nothing sneaky about it, you must have downloaded and installed it on your computer.

If you want to use a new search engine you just need to open your browser and go to the menu bar at the top of the page. Click on Tools > Manage Add ons > Search Providers > scroll down to foot of the box and click on "find more search providers. Once you have found one you want to use select it and add to your browser.

When it is added select "make default".

Once you have a new search provider you can highlight the Yahoo entry and either delete or disable it.