cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shanesullivan
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

BT and BT Infinity Are the Worst Company In The World - AVOID AT ALL COSTS

My BT Infinity Broadband has been up and down for weeks.

I have had dozens of phone calls with people who dont know what the heck they are doing and can become rude, aggessive and abusive.

BT has the worst customer service rating of any Internet or phone company in the UK.

I can see why.

Avoid at all costs

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
shanesullivan
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Infinity WiFi connection issues

I have had BT Infity 80 Meg broadband for a while.

The wifi connections to phones and a laptop is fine.

Hwoever, the PC in my home office (7 or 8 feet aove the home hub) disconnects dozens of times per day and can stay disconnected for lengthy periods of time.

BT help has not been effective. I have tried powercycling. I have tried splitting the dual band transmission etc etc.

Nothing seems to work.

The odd thing is the wifi connection with my PC can see networks (including BT networks) half way down my street but often cannot see mine

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Infinity WiFi connection issues

Have you checked that driver for wireless card/adapter is up to date from manufacturers website and not rely on windows update. If still not improvement then maybe try power line adapters

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

is your broadband connection still ok like you said previously and problem is with your pc not th internet connection to the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
shanesullivan
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

No it is not my PC it is your **bleep** equipment and abysmal customer support.

I do like being harassed and abused on the phone and I like to pay for the privilege.

Your company is beneath contempt

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi shanesullivan,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the connection. imjolly is trying to help so if you can give us as much detail as possible I'm sure we can sort it out. have you tried powerline adaptors? They're often usefull in resolving issues such as this.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings