cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT broadband and Chromecast set up - how to make it work?

It's not working properly for me yet...

I'm sure this happens all the time and that somewhere there is up to date information on how to make this work - though up to now the instructions I've found using Google seem to describe different controls to those I see...

I've turned Smart Setup off, as Google's own advice suggests, which has brought me to a point where I can use a tablet or phone to play YouTube and BBC iPlayer, but I can't do the same thing with the sources button on our Samsung TV's remote control.

As we've been able to do this with our previous broadband supply, this suggests to me that I haven't got it all hooked up correctly.

Where can I look please for further advice?

Thanks, Gavin Atkin

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT broadband and Chromecast set up - how to make it work?

@gmatkin 

Which Chromecast it is ?

What instructions are you following?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Chromecast 3

Instructions in this forum (old and seemed not to apply to my hub's control panel) and Google's advice here: https://support.google.com/chromecast/thread/89911107?hl=en-GB

Thanks, Gavin
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

if you have turned off smart setup in the hub manager and then connected chromecast to hdmi and added power connection can you not select sources on the tv and then the hdmi connection?  If you select the correct hdmi input what do you get?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If I hit the 'Sources' button on my remote controller, I get the usual range of icons representing different services.

If I click on any of them - YouTube, iPlayer or whatever - I get a blank screen.
I'd say the TV is not receiving an Internet supply, as it used to do.
Thanks, Gavin
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The penny has dropped. I realised that my TV can connect directly to our wifi - and now it's working fine.

Sorry to have wasted your time!

Gavin

0 Ratings