Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littleorme1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT broadband speed check Hub 6

Go to solution

Tried to check my current speed via BT Smart Hub manager - but unable to proceed.

When the page invites me to log in, I do so. Then the same page keeps returning,  again and again, although it recogises my details and doesn't  show username/password error. 

Any suggestions as to how I can break out of this loop?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT broadband speed check Hub 6

Go to solution

@Littleorme1 have you tried a factory reset of the hub to see if that helps?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Littleorme1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for replying - and your suggestion. I restored factory setting, (a) from the actual hub, without success. (b) from the Hub manager, and eventually I was successful. That was it. I've not been able to  run the speed check again. I've tried many times.

The reason I want to know what BT is giving me is because I've just taken their offer of an upgraded hub at a good price,

When I was successful, earlier today, the result was 34.2 mps. I accept that I am some distance from the box in the street, and this is as much as is available in my immediate area.

I tried another computer with the same result.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

then try   http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

or speedtest.net

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.