cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 219

Re: BT home hub 5 wifi keeps dropping

Check it has the latest firmware 0.6.0 1.12 v0021.0 Build 150507 Rel.40130n which supports G.INP  You can download it here if it doesn't ship with it loaded. http://uk.tp-link.com/support/download/?model=TD-W9980&version=V1#tbl_j

0 Ratings
tuscanmoon
Message 52 of 219

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 219
Moved:

0 Ratings
Clarence
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 219

I got excited, I just saw that the firmware was updated 2 days ago to version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11. So I re-enabled the wireless on the HH5 to give it a try.

Yup, less than 5 mins before it dropped off again. No response yet to my complaint either.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
everon
Contributor
Message 55 of 219

I just stupdly upgraded to a new homehub 5B after having a rock solid connection for 2 years on my old homehub 4 with echlife hg612.

Now after only one day since i installed it I am getting constant disconnects and yellow light for 50 seconds followed by a reconnect. Its driving me around the **bleep** bend. Hub firmware is BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) | Software version v0.07.01.0235-BT.

May well just stick my old hub 4 back on sigh.

0 Ratings
nollc
Message 56 of 219

I have just signed up to BT, received my impressive looking HOME HUB 5 and am so utterly frustrated by the poor quality that I want to throw it away and go back to my TPLINK router which was a reliable workhorse. HH5 drops connections apparently at random and is designed to totally frustrate the user. My daughter was really upset to find the wifi had dropped on her mobile (again) and she downloaded a lot of files on her GPRS connection.  I cannot recommend BT Internet.

(Does anyone from BT read these forums because after 6 pages of complaints I would have thoughts something should be done or is BT still the arrogant and faceless corporating)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 219

This is a customer to customer self help forum posts made here do not go to BT although the forum is moderated by BT not every post is read
fraserblade
Beginner
Message 58 of 219

Exactly same issue here @nollc - and 2 family members have now blown their mobile monthly data allowance as the wifi dropped overnight.

Funnily enough, changing the 2.4GHz Channel from e.g. 9 to 11 seems to sort it temporarily but it soon goes down again. Swapping back again fixes it temporarily, then repeat ad nauseum...!

Have checked for interference from other wifis but there is nothing around my immediate area using channel 9 - they are all 1 or 6.

Please BT - SORT THIS OUT.

0 Ratings
nollc
Message 59 of 219

Thanks, I will raise a support ticket with BT. The drops of the wifi seems to be sporadic, I cannot determine a pattern which makes diagnosis so much harder.
0 Ratings
delectable
Message 60 of 219

I have been suffering from this too and thought I was going mad.

HP laptop had been suffering but thought was computer but become obvious since trying to use Amazon Fire TV stick, which uses 5ghz. Watching a programme drops off every few minutes on 5ghz, when signal drops from good to fair. 

This is ridiculous as in the new room to the route, with plasterboard walls.

0 Ratings