Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macstabz
Contributor
Message 151 of 219

Re: BT home hub 5 wifi keeps dropping

lol and then there is this too

I go to look at my router

at the address http://192.168.1.254 which is then directed to http://192.168.1.254/index.htm?pg=home.htm

and the following displays

400 Bad Request

No request found.

These are 2 fine examples of why old reliable HH3 was so much better.

Anyway asa  point of reference, here is the firmware version and date of update im on and having issues with

BT Home Hub 5 (Type B)  Software version v0.07.05.0A13-BT   Last updated 25/1/2016

0 Ratings
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 152 of 219

I'm Type A..

BT Home Hub 5 (Type A) | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 | Last updated 08/10/15

0 Ratings
J2RRR
Message 153 of 219

Just waisted 1 hour holding and then only to be told by some mine at their India call centre that they don't support wifi connection issues? Are they for real? This is really bad service from BT
0 Ratings
dennisyee
Beginner
Message 154 of 219

BT HomeHub 5 wifi audio streaming dropping out

If you are having problems audio streaming with a HomeHub 5 try using the BT Fon or BTWiFi-X channels instead of the main one. This is a work around for what seems to be an inherent HomeHub 5 problem. Curiously I have no problems with video streaming on the main channel.

0 Ratings
benisajamin
Message 155 of 219

Re: BT HomeHub 5 wifi audio streaming dropping out

I have tried many things to fix this, many. Spliting the spectrums, disabling 5Ghz, etc... etc... none worked.

I did however find a fix that was stable and when watching movies, streaming remained stable.

I change my Wifi security to WEP. (yes i know it's not "as" secure as WPA) but who cares! 

This works. Thank god.

Ben

0 Ratings
Joandnick
Message 156 of 219

We have the same problem outr broadband drops out 8 or nine times a day, have been contacting BT for weeks but no progress. Very frustrating with a house full of teenagerers and trying to work from home.

0 Ratings
Toppergas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 157 of 219

Just had Infinity installed along with a new Hub 5 and now suffering the same drop out issues about once an hour, it's not a big issue for me but a killer for my son's Xbox COD online gaming, after never having any similar problems with boardband in the past. I assume I can just revert back to the Hub 4 to see if it is just the new hub causing the problems? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 158 of 219

@Toppergas wrote:

Just had Infinity installed along with a new Hub 5 and now suffering the same drop out issues about once an hour, it's not a big issue for me but a killer for my son's Xbox COD online gaming, after never having any similar problems with boardband in the past. I assume I can just revert back to the Hub 4 to see if it is just the new hub causing the problems? 

Not unless you have a separate Openreach Modem, Hub 4's won't work on Infinity.

0 Ratings
Toppergas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 159 of 219

Thanks for that, it seems I'm stuck with drop outs, disappointing I'm paying more for a seemingly more unreliable service on BT BB!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 160 of 219

Is your line losing sync or is it the wifi signal?
0 Ratings