cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
okz12
Message 1 of 9

BT is not sending me a home hub, how do I get online?

Go to solution
Hi,

I just got a fibre connection installed and BT is not sending me a home hub device despite the fact that they charged me £60 for it. They keep telling me it's on its way but it never arrives. I've ordered it 4 times so far, only to call them up and find out it was never shipped. Is there any other router I can use to connect to the Internet? Alternatively, how do I cancel service and get a full refund as I'm out of the 14 day window waiting for their home hubs.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT is not sending me a home hub, how do I get online?

Go to solution

If you signed up to a BT Broadband package you should not have needed to pay for a Homehub. It should have come as part of your package and you should not have needed to order it as a separate item.

0 Ratings
okz12
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
I got BT fiber. And yes I shouldn't need to, but you underestimate BT's incompetence.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

No I don't!

Why did you order one and pay for it if you are aware that you shouldn't have needed too. 

0 Ratings
okz12
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
The first one you pay for in the infinity 1 package. The rest I'm ordering because the first one didn't arrive (I didn't pay for the replacements).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

So you haven't paid £60 for any of them. You only pay for it if you don't complete your contract.

You can use any VDSL Modem/router on Infinity if you want to buy one but you would be better to re-contact BT and explain to them that as yet you have not received your Homehub and find out why it has not been dispatched.

If you want to cancel you will need to explain to BT the reason for doing that other wise you will be charged early termination fees which will be a lot of money.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Just looked at the Infinity 1 package.  You were charged £9.99 for delivery of a BT Smart hub and £50.00 activation fee.  So technically you did not 'pay' for the Hub only the postage.

From the bottom of the Infinity column:-

Upfront £59.99

Hub delivery £9.99 +
Activation fee £50

As gg30340 has said any VDSL modem/router will do and perform better than the Hub 6.

Billion. Fritzbox, Asus and TP-Link for starters.

0 Ratings
okz12
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, figured out how to make my TP-Link router work with the OpenReach modem after a bit of googling (changed PPPoE username to bthomehub@btbroadband.com). Had previously tried just plugging it into OpenReach which didn't work. Anyways, my fiber is FINALLY working for me, still no bt home hub in sight though.

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Stick with the TP Link router if it is working okay.

0 Ratings