cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cunnidc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT now blocking Play Store updates?

None of our android devices have been able to download updates from Play Store in recent days. As a long shot I enabled file sharing via Parental Controls and that fixed it.

We've always had file sharing blocked in the past so has something changed at BT?

I would prefer to block FS again and just add the Play Store as an allowed site if I could figure out the URL
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT now blocking Play Store updates?

0 Ratings
cunnidc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Yeah I saw that. No mention of updating Parental Controls as a fix though. I have neither the time or inclination to muck about with IPv6 settings in case it totally screws my connection

Surely the fact that enabling file sharing is a work around goes someway to identifying the issue
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

I have no idea what the problem is or what could be causing it. I have no problems with my Andoid and the Playstore. I was only pointing you to that thread and I have pointed that thread to yours so that it it saves duplication.

0 Ratings
cunnidc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Sorry I wasn't having a go at you 😀
I'll add a comment on the other thread about my experience
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Fingers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

After spending most of today de-bugging my Play Store devices failing to download over wi-fi I came to the same conclusion.... turning off Parental Controls (temprarily) fixes the problem !  

Why would BT set some sites used in Google Play Store functionality to be blocked ?!  How can we detect these and white list them ?

Come on BT !  Sort it out please !

0 Ratings
xyciana
Message 7 of 8

BT Broadband Parental Controls and Google Play Store downloads blocked

Hi

With two children under 16, parental controls are essential.  However over month or so, the google play store is visible but downloads no work.  Switching off parental controls allows downloads to work correctly.  For obvious reasons, I want a permanent solution.  Can anyone help.  BT as usual are terrible for support and after telling me to switch off parental controls,  told me its not their problem.  Is there a URL that I need to whitelist?  Help really appreciated.

0 Ratings
xyciana
Message 8 of 8

Re: BT Broadband Parental Controls and Google Play Store downloads blocked

Ive seen other links to enable file sharing to get this to work.  A lot of scathing comments also about how unhelpful BT are.  I shall try the work around,  but surely BT should be ashamed enough to come clean and put in a proper fix.  Maybe if we went to the press, they might get their act into gear. 

0 Ratings