cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: BT settings For ASUS DSL-AC68U

Go to solution

The only difference I have made is in the IPV6 DNS - set mine to disable and used 2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001 in line 1 & 2

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

Hey @TimCurtis & @akitaman,

OK what about DNS settings should I use by the way 🤔. I was think about Qual9 DNS will I be able to use a different DNS or do I have to use BT DNS servers?

Also please see the two photo's down below:

BTBBSpeedsBTC-1.jpg

BTBBSpeedsBTC-2.jpg

These are my Internet Speeds from the BT network my local cabinet that I'm currently connected to from the BT Exchange too my property, now I still haven't turned off BT Web Protect should I turn it off now because I'm using Trend Micro as my Routers anti-virus protection. Lastly none of extras on my BT account (such as Broadband security) will get affect or can I keep them?

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

I would turn off BT web protect, the TM product does a good job... Can't comment on the anti virus programme as never used it, I have bitdefender total security..... Parental controls, again, can be done on the Asus / TM ..... Never used Quad9, however the domain blocking will work in the same way as the TM product, also unsure if the two will conflict or slow your browsing experience... As I said before, I don't think BT use dedicated IPV6 DNS servers anyway (well documented on this forum board).... You do not need to use BT DNS, both my 4 and 6 are through cloudflare DNS, they also do various blocking servers, stopping adult content etc if required, again this can be done for targeted devices using the TM software as opposed to full network block.
 Did you try the Asus App at all?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

Hey @akitaman,

OK so basically leave using Qual9 DNS Servers then? If Trend Micro does the blocking then I will not bother with changing it too Qual9 DNS servers then also? Yes, I've got the app installed.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

I use OpenDns on my router which are 208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 so that applies to everything except my PC which uses Google's - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 . I'd certainly not use BT's default ones personally as they have occassionally caused problems for people on here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

Hello @TimCurtis,

Thanks for replying back to me 😌, OK I've checked out OpenDNS and I like it is it free? I want all of my home pointing that DNS (all going through to OpenDNS) 

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

@Anonymous 

well I'm certainly not paying anything for it.

Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

Yup, most DNS are free, open, cloudflare, google certainly are

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

Hello both @TimCurtis & @akitaman,

I've had to switch off AIProtection because it was conflicting with OpenDNS and OpenDNS wasn't working, so had too switch it off so now I'm just using OpenDNS.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

Don’t know what would have been clashing as mine’s on without any problems. 

0 Ratings