cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT smart Hub 2 - EE smart Hub plus

Hi, BT have just swapped me to EE.

im currently running a BT Smart Hub 2 with quite a lot connected to it, ring, blink, Arlo, hive etc, so I’ve no desire to use the new EE Smart hub plus they gave sent me.  The new service is working fine on the BT hub.

however I keep reading about the benefits of the EE Smart hub plus and how wifi6 is better than wifi5.

I’m now considering moving to the EE hub for this reason.

my question is, has anybody done this and importantly is it simple to set the SSID name and the password on the new EE hub to the same as my current BT Smart hub 2, it looks simple enough as I believe it’s just a setting in advanced settings on the EE hub

is there any ‘gotchas’ I need to think about.

thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT smart Hub 2 - EE smart Hub plus

If your WiFi 5 is working fine, why bother? Do you actually NEED the extra speed of WiFi 6?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Not certain I do, I have however also received the EE additional box that cuts over to 5g if my BB fails, fairly certain that will plug into the BT hub. I think part of my thinking is the whole branding thing, I’m now on EE so should use all of the equipment they’ve sent me, but clearly don’t want any faff setting it all up

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The hybrid connect should connect to the BT hub. Try it and if it does just leave things as they are.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Sounds like a plan 👍

0 Ratings