cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT smart hub 6 bt wifi question

Hi, how do i active bt wifi on the bt smart hub 6. since it is currently showing as not available but i am a bt wifi subscriber.

Please could someone tell me how to do it.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT smart hub 6 bt wifi question

I would imagine it will get activated automatically at some point. BTwifi is not a function of the hub, it is a centralised option to either opt in or opt out. If you are opted in, that selection should get propagated down to your hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

If it doesn't activate after a few days, you could try opting out and opting back in again https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/optin.do

thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Ok thanks for replying.

0 Ratings
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Hi, it's  been more then one week and still shows as disabed on smart hub. ive deleted my account on bt wifi (bt fon) and re created it and still shows as disabled on router.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 6 of 12

@licquorice wrote:

If it doesn't activate after a few days, you could try opting out and opting back in again https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/optin.do

My tentative theory, which may be completely wrong, is that the Smart Hub is looking in the wrong place to check people's BT Wi-fi 'membership' status and concluding that most/all of us are 'inactive'. I say this because (as I mentioned in the HH6 bugs thread) the Smart Hub status page links to a new (to me, anyway) BT Wi-fi web page which doesn't recognise my BT Wi-fi credentials. The old BT Wi-fi page, in the area you reference above, does still recognise them and says that I am opted in - but my Smart Hub has been running for 9.5 days now and still shows 'inactive'.

I don't trust BT systems sufficiently to want to risk opting out and back in again. because I suspect I'd end up with no access (for a period, anyway) to other BT Wi-fi signals when away from the house, which I find useful. I can live with my own Smart Hub not broadcasting BT Wi-fi channels. Although if it's the case that no Smart Hubs can 'do' BT Wi-fi, that will rather damage overall coverage.

p

0 Ratings
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 12

I found that the page that the BT WiFi link goes to only recognises my old / defunct BT Yahoo password.

However the password I use for BT WiFi access on my mobile devices is my present BT main login.

So something is definitely wrong. The source that the home hub is using for login credentials is completely out of date. BT Yahoo is something BT were desperately wanting to ditch so the fact they are using it as a source for their new HoneHub is bizarre...
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Do you actually want it activated? Can't see any point really as long as you have BT wifi access elsewhere.

0 Ratings
delboy-lee
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Its great to see its not connected took me ages to get rid of with HH5. Yippeee No Auto connection so far.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

it will update to BT Wi-Fi automatically but it is not a fast process it may take several weeks
0 Ratings