cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT smart hub questions

Hi, going to bthomehub.home and clicking on let's say restart the smart hub, I click it but it dosent do anything I enter my password and then t shows a kinda of blank screen or shows the background but in the foreground shows grey. I am using an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.3.3 beta

I think it may be a is issue since it also sometimes happends on the pc. Never happended on the other hub the home hub 5.

Also could you fix the password so we doint need to enter it every time we want to view something please.
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT smart hub questions

Hi @thomasmulhall and thanks for posting.

Couple of good points there whcih I don't have an answer to yet Smiley Embarassed. I'll pass this up the chain and I'll post back as soon as I have any answers.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

re entering the password is for your security stopping anyone changing settings without your knowledge
0 Ratings
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Hi, thanks.

0 Ratings
thomasmulhall
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Oh, but what about having a time delay meaning having a certain time before you have to re enter your password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

it does allow you to make and save changes and once you close the GUI down you then have to enter the password again it is the same as previous hubs
0 Ratings
Highlighted
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Couple of bugs I have noticed...

1. Sometimes after I enter my password, the URL I am connected to changes to http://192.168.1.254/0000012803/gui/?password=<mypassword>#/myNetwork/devices

so my password ends up being displated in clear text as part of the URL

2. Not all of the help text is populated - e.g. Home -> My Network -> USB -> File System -> Help displays as:

0 Ratings
globe1nh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I just received new BT Smart Hub (two days ago).  Hub Manager was a nightmare on my iPad - unresponsive and asking for repeated re-entry of admin password when trying to change settings.  OK on iMac but now having a problem setting connected device settings to Static from DHCP.  You can either click soft-switch to  select "yes" or "no" to always assign same IP address, or click button to select "Static" or "DHCP".  Switch to "Yes" automatically changes button to "Static" and clicking button to "Static" automatically changes switch to "yes".  Whichever way you do it, you then have to save the change.  However when I go back to the min network Device screen the device status has reverted to DHCP. It's not a device issue - it worked fine with HH5.

I called BT L1 Helpline (twice) - first time they kept saying I couldn't change the HUB addressing to Static and it took ages to get through it them it was networked device IP address assignment I was trying to fix.  Then they advised that a factory reset would solve the issue because "the software would be reloaded".  It didn't work (why would it?), so made second call same ; ack of understanding, then they said that  BT Smart Hub can't assign a static IP Address.  When I pointed out this was basic Hub functionality they suggested I subscribe to BT's chargeable expert helpline.

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

If I was being pedantic, I would agree that the HH can't assign a static address, no router can, its an oxymoron. It can only assign an unchanging dynamic address which is not the same thing as a static address which is performed on the device itself.

0 Ratings
globe1nh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I agree, pedantic or not, but Static is what the hub calls it, and whatever it's called it doesn't work. Just seen other posts stating same problem. Appears BT are aware and new firmware should sort it when available.
0 Ratings