cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

BT wall phone port

Go to solution

Hi!

I have just moved into a house and received my wifi router in the mail (it is not a bt router but the network for the flat is bt)

the Ethernet cable that came with the router does not fit into the wall port - the wall port in the flat only has the one hole?

any idea on how to get around this so I can connect the router to the network? Do I need a specific adaptor to plug into the wall and then plug in the enthernet cable? 
Any help would be appreciated as I have already ordered a different connector to try and this also does not fit (rj11 to rj45) and neither end fits in the wall port!

Thanks !

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT wall phone port

Go to solution

are you a BT broadband customer and if so how did you not received a BT hub?

which socket

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpegKeith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution
Hi there!
I am not a bt broadband customer I got a router with three!
Looking at the picture it looks like number 1 but it has a small bt logo in black on the top left of the port!
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

if you are with 3 then you need to post here  https://community.three.co.uk/

the socket is old openreach phone socket and you will need an old style filter to connect your rj11 cable and get broadband

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

I though Three only did 4G broadband? In which case you don't need a connection to the phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution
Hi yes it’s a 5g router but on the router the network is red and is not working.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

What on earth has that got to do with BT?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
You don’t have to be rude!! What it’s got to do with BT is that’s the network for my building and that is the provider of said wall port!!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks for you help
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

BT don't provide a 'network' for buildings.

0 Ratings