cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukghostwriter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT wireless connection keeps dropping - fed up!

Hello,

As the title of this thread states, I'm absolutely fed up with the BT connection dropping when connected wirelessly. I'm trying for a resolution on here as it's pointless contacting tech support or customer service in general - they're hardly ever any help and honestly, can't wait for my broadband contract to be up so I can move elsewhere.

Has anyone any possible solutions in the mean time?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT wireless connection keeps dropping - fed up!

which hub are you using?

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ukghostwriter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I'm using HomeHub 3, type A.

I've changed the channels before previously and using the software suggested, the channel I'm currently on is fine as no one else is using it. I've got 3 other networks in the area that are being picked up and I'm getting 80'ish dBm strength from my hub. I'm one floor removed from the hub of a small property with low ceilings. I've previously had connection (not BT) in a much larger property that was 2 floors removed and still had full bars and strength and never had dropping issues like this.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

there can also be many other sources of interference that can affect wireless connections sometimes it is a elimination
0 Ratings