Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT900 3rd Party Routers

Good morning all,

I know this Has been covered in some form a few times here. My work needs require for me to use a Draytek router as I’m required to use an SSL Tunnel back to our head office. I’ve connected it up and got a connection just fine. However via Gigabit Ethernet or Wifi I’m getting a limited download speed of 250mbps bang on. I’ve tried a range of MTU packet sizes and still the same.

My question. Is BT throttling the speed with 3rd party routers to prevent you using anything but the HH2. Or is the HH2 actually falsifying speed tests? Or is there just come obscure setting that need changing?

Interesting if you use the BT wholesale speed test with the HH2 we can get something like 1.4Gbps and with Speedtest.net or Fast.com we get around the 800mbps. 

Thanks

Andy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT900 3rd Party Routers

@eisteddfod_37 

Depending on the Draytek model it's highly likely that 250Mbps is all it'll handle.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

It’s a brand new Draytek 8262n.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 6

The new features crammed into the 2862 series include increased maximum WAN throughput of 400Mb/s,

https://www.netxl.com/news/networking/draytek-2682-router-series/ 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I’d be happy with 400mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

@eisteddfod_37 

Whilst the max WAN capability is 400Mbps I did read somewhere that per user it's 250Mbps but can't find that link currently.

There maybe something in the load balancing setup that'll clarify this.

0 Ratings