Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinybiny
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BTHUB 6 & Sky HD Box

Go to solution

I fear this may be a common problem but havin spent 30 mins trying to understand or get someone to understand me have got very frustrated.

Have only just joined BT and so far so good

I love sky tv and so want the router to connect to the bix via WIFI.It did this for a week but now will not connect.

i have seen a variety of fixes but and lacking confidence in playing arround with settings.

The sky wifi connector I have does not have a wps button so I am relying on passwords.

Any suggestions as i am not sure i can face wasting any more time with the help desk.

Tiny Biny

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTHUB 6 & Sky HD Box

Go to solution

@Tinybiny wrote:

I fear this may be a common problem but havin spent 30 mins trying to understand or get someone to understand me have got very frustrated.

Have only just joined BT and so far so good

I love sky tv and so want the router to connect to the bix via WIFI.It did this for a week but now will not connect.

i have seen a variety of fixes but and lacking confidence in playing arround with settings.

The sky wifi connector I have does not have a wps button so I am relying on passwords.

Any suggestions as i am not sure i can face wasting any more time with the help desk.

Tiny Biny

Hi, I had this problem as well as other people when the smart hub firmware updated last weekend. There is a fix but it will involve you going into the settings menu on your sky box and manually configuring the wifi. It is straight forward to do and you can always clear what you've done if you are not happy. Go to the Search Community box at the top of this page and enter Poppy Sky Box and click search. It should take to the thread about firmware updating. Go to page 7 and you will see the instructions I have written. Good luck, let me know how you get on.  Just to say, the smart hub really shouldn't be causing these problems and people shouldn't be forced to scour through forums trying to find fixes to get around the smart hub's bugs. 

0 Ratings
Tinybiny
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Poppy7

Tried this and has worked

Thanks

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You're welcome. Good to have Sky + up and running again!Smiley Happy

For anyone else that needs help reconnecting their Sky + box to Smart hub, the method is now pasted here too. See below.

Go to network settings in sky box and click manually configure. You will see a list of info to put in. If you can remember the IP address the box had before or if you can find it in the BT smart hub management web page the enter it in. Otherwise choose a new IP address which isn't the same as any of your other devices - 192.168.1.? (I put 69 in as the last number as that is what it was before. Then subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 Then router 192.168.1.254. Then DNS. 192.168.1.254 Then click save. Worked for me but will keep an eye on it if the router resets again sometime. Let me know how you get on. I found this fix on sky forums so must be a common sky box problem.

0 Ratings