Did you mean: 
Highlighted
conburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BTHUB6 wireless connection to Sky on demand box

Go to solution

Hi

Recently upgraded from BT broadband to BT infinity 2 with the BTHUB6. Had no problems connecting 2 PCs and an iPad to the new router but cannot get my Sky on demand box to connect. The new routers network name is showing in the list of available connections but fails ever time after entering the routers password.

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: BTHUB6 wireless connection to Sky on demand box

Go to solution

Common problem, this has worked for most people:

Go to network settings in sky box and click manually configure. You will see a list of info to put in. If you can remember the IP address the box had before or if you can find it in the BT smart hub management web page the enter it in. Otherwise choose a new IP address which isn't the same as any of your other devices - 192.168.1.? (I put 69 in as the last number as that is what it was before. Then subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 Then router 192.168.1.254. Then DNS. 192.168.1.254 Then click save. Worked for me but will keep an eye on it if the router resets again sometime. Let me know how you get on. I found this fix on sky forums so must be a common sky box problem.

If it works let us know so it will guide others with same troubles. You can also manually configure static IP addresses and wifi settings on many devices if you are having drop out problems. Just have to keep checking that IP addresses don't get duplicated when you connect a new device to the router😊

conburt
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks for your advice. Tried it but stil failed. Went out and bought a new on demand connector mini plugged it in did a WPS install and it works fine.

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

@conburt wrote:

Thanks for your advice. Tried it but stil failed. Went out and bought a new on demand connector mini plugged it in did a WPS install and it works fine.

Good news, shouldn't have to be searching for all these ways to get around BT smart hub failures though. When I had the hub 5 the sky box often disconnected and I had to keep re-entering the wireless key. Putting in manual settings to problematic devices seems to be working for me at the moment.

0 Ratings
Cliffinkent
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Hey, 

I've the same exact issue, where did you get the new on demand connector from? I can't find one on the SKY site?

Thanks for your help

Cliff

0 Ratings
Poppy7
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

@Cliffinkent wrote:

Hey, 

I've the same exact issue, where did you get the new on demand connector from? I can't find one on the SKY site?

Thanks for your help

Cliff

Think you should try entering the wifi settings manually into your Sky box first before spending anymore money. The way to do this is explained in the second posting on this page. Hope you can sort it out soon.

0 Ratings
dwebb
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Upgraded to new smart hub 6 and same problem as thousands of others - connected to everything apart from my sky tv and on demand service. After three weeks and being fobbed off by both Sky and BT I discovered my own fix. Here it is...

To start with make sure you have your sky wireless connector on - two white lights should be showing.

Go into your smart hub manager on your pc or laptop by entering 192.168.1.254 into your browser address bar. This will open your hub manager.

When you have the various purple boxes on your screen click into 'my devices'

Click 'change settings' at top of box

enter admin password when asked (this will be in a pop up box)

Your admin password is on the back of your smart hub unit along with your network password

When entered you can now search your BT smart hub devices which are shown in a list, scroll though this list. The lsu shows everything that is connected wirelessly to your smart hub, laptops, mobile phones etc

You are looking for Sky Wireless Connector. If it is connected to the hub it will be there but unlike all the other connections there will not be a blue icon showing that it is connected to the internet. If its there, click it.

You will now see a list of settings for this device. Change the setting 'always use this IP address' from NO to YES.

Above this the setting 'address assignment box' will automatically change to 'Static'

Save the changes

Thats it... you should now be able to connect.

Worked for me so I hope it works for you.

Let me know.

Semx5
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you so much.. It worked .. I spent nearly an hour on the phone to sky and all they are doing is sending me a new connector 

0 Ratings
Semx5
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

Thank you so much.. This worked perfectly, even a non techie like me could do it. 

0 Ratings
cashie
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks so much. Worked a treat.

Spent an hour on the phone to Sky and all they could say was I needed a new box!!

0 Ratings