Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
J-E-Anderton
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BTHomeHub6 - Connecting external USB Storage devices

Go to solution

When I connected a USB external hard drive to my previous BTHub it showed up on my computer in "Finder" (I have a Mac) under devices. Just connected an external hard drive to my Hub6 and although the device light came on, indicating it is receiving power, nothing is showing under devices. Tried re-booting Hub several times and also re-booted Mac but with no result. Tried 3 different external drives (2 were formatted in MS-DOS (FAT32) and one in Mac OS Extended) and 2 different memory sticks, none are showing.  I want to connect the USB storage device containing my music collection to the router so that I can then map it to my SONOS system and play the music without the need to leave the computer permanently switched on. This worked with my previous BTHub but doesn't with the new one. 

Can anyone help? Tried the BT chat line but the respondent suggested ringing BT Tech help on 0800 032 1118 which I did but the person I spoke to said he wasn't trained to deal with such an issue and suggested I use the BT chargeable service or use my own independent IT technician!! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
J-E-Anderton
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTHomeHub6 - Connecting external USB Storage devices

Go to solution

Hello again, I think I have found the solution in an old post on this forum from ubergeeksov dated 21-03-12 .

Guide: How to connect a USB drive to BTHomeHub3 on a Mac.

1. Click on Finder

2. On the Finder toolbar select Go -> Connect to Server

3. In the server Address Box type in smb://192.168.1.254/ enter wireless password, then hit Connect

4. A new Finder window should then open with the USB HDD visible.

It seems to have worked for me, hope this helps someone else.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTHomeHub6 - Connecting external USB Storage devices

Go to solution

@J-E-Anderton Glad you were able to find the answer you were looking for, and thanks for updating your thread 🙂

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings