cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raybh
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: BTHub 5 and BTHub 6, Wifi 5Ghz issues (update related?)

@raybhwrote:

I have a similar problem with my hh6, it is not broadcasting ( is that the right term) on the 5 Ghz band, I have done the chat online bit twice both times to no avail, must be getting lost in translation, they rang me twice the first time saying my home hub was faulty and a replacement would be sent...great...nothing arrived, the second time they said I must of been rung by a scammer or I was scammed but kept either wanting to test my broadband or to say they could help by telling me how to split the two frequencies as I might be too far away from the hub for the 5 Ghz to connect, although I had already stated the frequencies were split and you cannot see the ssid for the 5Ghz when searching for wifi, this takes a very long time for the quickest way to contact bt and gets very frustrating. What I would like to know is there a phone number I can ring during normal office hours and speak to someone over here about my homehub wifi problem that has nothing to do with the broadband/fttc connection

I could have written that word for word about a year ago, unbelievable!! anyway I gave up trying to get a new homehub and splashed the cash on the wholehome wifi discs thinking that whatever provider I ended up with at least the wifi would be consistant but with their "updates" something goes wrong pretty consistantly with the discs and I will be changing to a new provider come May just to get a better price.

0 Ratings
raybh
Contributor
Message 12 of 13

OMG this must of been going on toooo long I have just replied to my own post
0 Ratings
micronaut
Beginner
Message 13 of 13

same thing here on BT Home Hub 5 (Type B) | Software version v0.07.08.11237-BT

5ghz WiFi signal is terrible. Even ssh over the LAN is rubbish sitting 1m from the router.  I was tempted to ring tech support but figured it would be a waste of time.  Tempted to just buy a new router. Or better yet, find a new provider!

0 Ratings