cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aterny
Message 1 of 6

BTHub5 not visible to any devices

Please help. Our Home Hub failed and a new one arrived today. After swapping all the cables over, the new router powered up okay, but it was not visible to my laptop not any of our other devices. Our neighbours HomeHubs are visible, just not ours... unless the power light band is flashing orange, as it was when the call centre operator was trying to test the line. 

Even when the network is visible, when trying to connect we get an invalid password message. This applies on iMac, macbook and iPhones. None of them have been able to connect successfully.

BT customer support were unable to help even after multiple phone calls all afternoon. Can someone please help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BTHub5 not visible to any devices

you need to reset the wireless codes on each device that uses the hub wireless connection also try a factory reset first
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

The new Hub will have a different SSID and a different password to the old one.  They should be on the little tab on the back of the Hub.

If the password on the tab doesn't work, try doing a factory reset on the Hub.  And check very carefully which characters in the password are letters and which are numbers.

0 Ratings
aterny
Message 4 of 6

Not sure what you mean by resetting wireless codes. Can you provide more info?

0 Ratings
aterny
Message 5 of 6

I'm aware the SSID and password will be different. But when I open wireless setup on my laptop or iPhone, the new SSID does not appear. When it does, it is only when there is a problem and the power light is orange. Trying to connect at this time results in an Incorrect Password message. A reset (we have tried this many times) usually gets the light to turn blue, but then the SSID disappears from the list of available networks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If the factory reset using the pinhole at the rear of the hub does not solve our problem then you have a faulty hub
0 Ratings