Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BThub 6 unable to connect multiple devices

Go to solution

ok we live in a bungalow so a bit wider than a house and the hub is down stairs, our old hub was hub3 with a tplink in the hallway because the signal faded further away from the hub, so when the bthub 6 was offered to us free bar the £9.99 delivery we jumped at the chance as we could have a strong signal and get rid of the tplink in the hallway, well we have tried it for about 3 weeks the signal is good all over the bungalow but when me and my wife are on our chromebooks/laptops it all slows up to the point where one of us has to put the lid down, if i could have a pound for every time it says no internet connection i'd be a rich man, i actually sent back my old hub3 to bt which was a big mistake so bought one(hub3) off fleabay for £5 and plugged my tp link back into the hall socket and guess what we can both surf the internet at the same time but it is a bit slow and the internet does drop a few times a day as our smart phones go off with their text tone when it drops, i would really like to use the bthub6  so is there something i'm missing ? we should be able to surf the internet at the same time shouldn't we ?

download speed 16.08 Mb/s upload 0.94Mbs ping 105ms

help

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BThub 6 unable to connect multiple devices

Go to solution

Hi @jpuk and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with the wireless connection on the smart hub. Have you tried changing the wireless channel? Have you tried siwtching off the smart wireless?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
jpuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

thanks for the replies,

ok today i have plugged my bthub 6 back in and have turned off the smart setting so see how it goes, although the connection has dropped 3 times today already !! John

0 Ratings
jpuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

ok got both chromebooks on and they are very slow to load pages !! turned off smart set up,john

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Some devices have a problem with the Smarthub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

Once you have split the SSid you will need to connect all your devices that can see both SSids to both of the SSids.

0 Ratings
jpuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi

ok split the bands so will see how it goes later,John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hopefully moving in the right direction @jpuk. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jpuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

hi well back to slowwwwwwwwwwww, every site we visit ebay,gumtree,bbc sport or even to log into this site is taking 20-25 seconds quire annoying when all we want to do is surf, no videos or downloads !!! John

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
jpuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

looks like i am going to revert back to my old bthub 3 as we both are unable to surf the web on different laptops which doesn't happen with bthub 3, despite advice it's still a worthless piece of junk and it will go back in the loft,John

0 Ratings