Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonesdoll
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Bad Service from BT

Go to solution

On the morning of the 22-1-16 I found there was a line fault. Logged with BT @9:20am. Estimated time of repair four days

On Sunday Evening out of the blue and with no notification a BT engineer arrived at the house. He advise that this was for another engineer on Friday who had not turned up. He checked the line inside the house, disappeared outside them reappeared after 20 mins advising that he would need someone else as the cover needs two people to lift it, and promised to be back out on Monday 25th 

Waited all day no one turned up but found the broadband stopped working late afternoon. I checked online with BT to see what was happening and found the following update:- 

Tue 26 Jan 12:31

Clear request

We think your fault is now fixed

Call BT and advised that this was not fixed in fact was worst that before and that no one had been out or contacted us. Another call was booked again No one turned up. Called BT and was advised that there was an issue with their system and the call was not booked. Tried again for a third time, and you guessed it no one turned up.

Called BT and made an appointment for someone to come out again but I advised that no one could be available apart from 4-6 pm, as we cannot get a 4th day off work.

A BT engineer called @ 11am to say he would be visiting later in the day. I informed him of the situation and that there would not be anyone around until after 2:30, as the wife was able to get home quicker. He advise that that would be fine as the work is externally.

I called the engineer after 2:30 to see how things were going, the line rang and then went to VM I left a message for a call back.

Called again at 4pm rang out and when to VM, called at 5Pm, and it went straight to VM 

So no indication that anyone came out again, no updates from BT just me left chasing the helpdesk who bless them have very little that they can offer apart from Sorry for the inconvenience 

The helpdesk today spoke to open reach who tried saying "the engineer called but was unable to gain access" something they couldn't tell the help desk yesterday when ask, even though there is no notes,  no call back, text, or anything that proves anyone came out. 

Now I have to wait again until 8-02-16 before someone else can come and have a look 

This is the short version missing out all the sorry and promised that have been broken in-between 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Bad Service from BT

Go to solution
I have asked a moderator to help you
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

@bonesdoll We'll really need to raise a complaint with Openreach regarding this as its clear the repair hasn't been managed well at all. If you would like any assistance getting this sorted please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
bonesdoll
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks for the offer, Have done.. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

@bonesdoll No problem, I see your email in our email queue. We'll be in touch Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
bonesdoll
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Update

Strangely on Friday 5th in the evening the wife noticed that the router was now showing blue

Nothing has been done that we know of. Internet is very slow, checked the internet speed and getting 0.23 up and 0.25 down

At least we can get check the E-mails after 2 weeks. BT came out today, and after running the same test that were done by the last engineer on 24th. They came to the conclusion we have been telling them all along that the fault is not internally, it must be under ground.

They couldn’t explain the strange behaviour with the broadband when asked. 

Advised that someone would be out later or first thing in the morning, he advised the wife that he has called this in.

Smiley Mad

Checked my online faults checker 

Mon 08 Feb 18:00
Estimated repair date

We aim to fix your fault by the time and date shown. We apologise if this is taking longer than expected.

with Completed to teh engineers visit 

Lets see if they call back 

0 Ratings
bonesdoll
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution
BT came out again this morning and by all accounts the phone line and Broadband are back up. Line tested ok, I need to check Broadband when back home.

No mention as to what was found..
0 Ratings
bonesdoll
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

All working at last Smiley Happy

It appears that after all this time, an different engineer found that our line had been disconnected somewhere between our connection in the house and BT many junction boxes outside.

I would love an update from BT explaining why this took so long for someone to find

And how I can put in a complaint at the service received

Thanks to the unknown engineer who came out today

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Openreach's normal response time to fix a fault is 3 working days
0 Ratings
bonesdoll
Beginner
Message 10 of 13