Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Best NAS for Smart Hub

Dear All

I have been struggling with the connection between my Synology DS215j and my BT Smart Hub for 6 months now.

I can link to the NAS when I am on the wifi network but I can't log in when I am away from home and I can't get the NAS to connect to the outside world i.e. updates etc.

Despite trying all the recomendations etc, opening ports etc etc I have not been able to resolve therefore I wanted to ask advice on the following:

1. What 2 Bay NAS will work with the BT Smart Hub straight out of the box ('ish) and will allow me to run it as a Plex Server - this is what I used to have when I was with Virgin
  2. Is it a better option to go and buy a new Router? If so which one? and will a new one still support BT TV?

I quite like BT and BT TV. I have also moved my mobiles to them recently so I'd prefer to not have to move ISP

Thanks in advance for any / all help and advice

Steve

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Best NAS for Smart Hub

Assuming your existing NAS is working ok it might be best to invest in a good third-party modem/router rather than a new NAS.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Best NAS for Smart Hub

Completely agree with Liam.

The Synology NAS's are one of the best home Nas's you can get.

The BT Home Hub is one of the most unreliable routers you can get (as are most included ISP routers!)

Its more likely the hub causing your issues.

0 Ratings