Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frunner69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Blocked access to docs.google.com and forms.office.com

Hi Fellow Community Members!

Since yesterday 1st of June, connectivity has become problematic to online learning resources:

- yesterday access was blocked to docs.google.com; I was able to resolve this by adding docs.google.com to the authorised websites in Parental Control, without having to disable BT Web Protect

- however, today access was blocked to forms.office.com and I had to entirely disable BT Web Protect, as adding it to the authorised websites didn't resolve the problem

What's happening? Everything was working smoothly until yesterday...

Thanks for your help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blocked access to docs.google.com and forms.office.com

Hello @Frunner69 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry for the problems accessing Google Drive end points.

We can see other BT customers reporting issues on downdetector here: https://downdetector.co.uk/status/google-drive/

We are currently working with network teams in BT to see if we can tease out the issue as we have enough evidence to suggest it is a BT issue.

Frunner69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks! Please let the BT network team that the problem is also affecting forms.office.com -- i.e. Microsoft cloud...
0 Ratings
Frunner69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Hi @DarrenW ,

the problem for me has now vanished. I have switched on BT Web Protect last night, removed both docs.google.com and forms.office.com from the authorised websites in Parental Control, and I can still access both sides today with no problem.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway!

Cheers!

0 Ratings
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 7

Oh how bizarre, well we are still looking into it, let me know if you stumble across the issue again.

0 Ratings
JoMC0
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

I’ve had the same issue and raised a call with BT. Only started on 1st June and we’ve had web protect and used google for years. No one seems to be able to help! 

0 Ratings
DarrenW
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 7

@JoMC0 

The issue should be fixed now