cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ford62
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Bolton area having broadband speed problems ???

Go to solution

Been having really slow broadband here in Bolton of late.

Probably been going on for around the last month if i'm right and progressively getting worse. We'd get the odd slow spell and then it would be ok but now after returning home from holiday it has been constantly slow.  

Can't see any logged problems with BT.  I've unplugged phone line and router etc to try and reboot them so to speak to no avail.

Any one having the same issues or have advice ?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Bolton area having broadband speed problems ???

Go to solution

can you post stats from your router

run btspeedtester and then diagnostic test and post results  (been having problems so try IE)

are you using test socket with filter even if you have a filtered master socket?

are you using wireless or ethernet connection when speed slow?

which exchnage and cabinet are you on?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ford62
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hello,

This is wifi speeds i'm talking about.  It's all we ever use in the house now.  

Other friends in the area have also said theres is slow to which is making me think it's a BT issue.

How do i post stats ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

when you reply then use 'photo'

Capture.PNG

wireless problems are normally due to interference within your home or other neighbour's routers on same band  BT and other ISPs do not guarantee speed using wifi for that reason

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ford62
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Sorry i meant how do i get the stats up ? I know how to post pics on forums etc.

Wifi seems fine again now but i bet when my neighbours return home from work it'll slow again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

if you have hh6 then advanced settings then tecgnical log informtion

if hh5 the troubleshooting then helpdesk

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ford62
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

It's a HH4 I believe

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

if hh4 are you on copper adsl or if fibre you must have a separate openreach modem

0 Ratings
ford62
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

BT STATS.jpg

0 Ratings
ford62
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

The only socket I know of is Master Socket 5C which has an Openreach MIC4 adapter plugged into it 

0 Ratings