cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Bonded VDSL Lines?

Hi

Like many, I am spending more and more time working from home - with the kids, wife, IoT, and all other devices my internet sometimes struggles.  

Currently, the Speed of my line is a max of 29Mbps Down and 6Mbps Up.  This is ok for some of the time, however (first-world problems) I do struggle to stream 4K TV and since I have paid for a fancy TV I'd like to use it!

I have looked far and wide for options but it seems where I am I am stuck with the line speed I have - I even tried 4G/5G but that proved a bit patchy (100Mbps one day then 10Mbps the next!).

I have read about the possibility of getting an additional line and then bonding them (I know BT will just push me 2 SmartHubs and I would need to bond myself).

Does anyone have experience bonding 2 or more VDSL lines? What equipment (model/router) did you use? Do you have any advice?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Bonded VDSL Lines?

It's not that simple, bonding needs to happen at both ends of the connection and BT don't offer it. You would need to go to a niche ISP to find that sort of service.

0 Ratings