cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Bosch Home Connect (wifi) oven cannot connect to Bosch servers

Have a new Bosch oven that uses the home connect app so can be controlled by an app. The app shows that the oven is not connecting with Bosch cloud servers. Bosch home connect support think it is being blocked by my Hub 2 router from connecting.

How can I confirm this and if so how can I resolve this please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bosch Home Connect (wifi) oven cannot connect to Bosch servers

Some devices seem to object to the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi bands having the same SSID. Try turning off the 5Ghz wifi and see if that helps.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I have the latest Smart Hub 2 which I understand does not allow you to manually do that? Is that correct?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

No, that is not correct. The SH2 doesn't allow you to give the bands different SSIDs but you can turn off each band individually. Advanced settings > Advanced wireless

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Turned off 5 GHz. Can see it is connected on 2.4 but still not connecting to Bosch cloud servers

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Can you clarify what is connecting to what please? Is the oven attempting to connect to the Bosch cloud or is the Bosch cloud attempting to connect to the oven? If the former, nothing to configure, if the latter, you will possibly need to configure port forwarding for the appropriate port(s).

0 Ratings