cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommo1961
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Dropping Out

When I turn on my PC the light on my Home Hub 5 goes from blue to flashing orange. It stays like that for about 2 - 3 hours and then goes back to blue.

The hub is connected to the PC via a cable.

I have checked the connections and changed the microfilters but this has not helped.

Do I need a new hub and if so how do I get one.

Any help much appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Dropping Out

Hi Tommo1961,

Welcome to the community forum. It does sound like it could be electrical interference caused by the PC being turned on that is interfering with the Broadband connection.

You could try moving the Hub as far away from the PC as possible and if possible moving the Hub to a separate power socket. If you are using an old style PC monitor these can play havoc with a Broadband connection if the router is nearby. 

Try moving the hub to a new location and post back if you are still having issues.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Tommo1961
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

The hub has been connected to the PC since June 2014 and was working fine until a few days ago. 

PC and router are attached via cable so I am restricted as t how far I can move it.

There is no wireless adapter in the PC.

Thanks

0 Ratings
j4hug
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I am having the same problem with a home hub 3 - there has been no change since it was installed 2 + years ago, I have one PC wired directly to it and the rest of the house is wireless. 

It drops the wireless signal irregularly but has become quite frequent. All lights are blue though!

Is this a firmware issue??

0 Ratings