cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Broadband Issues

Hi, I am having some issues with my broadband since Thursday 19th Nov and I am a bit desperate now.

Since that Thursday, my internet has been dropping out constantly, every 2 minutes my hub turns purple, orange, blue and back again. I have called BT so many times about it and still unresolved. This is the full story:

On Wednesday 18th Nov some Openreach vans were working outside my house but I don't know why. I only saw them through the window. Since Thursday, things have gone from bad to worst. Before that day, not a single issue.

On Thursday morning, I called BT, raise a fault with this issue and they say an engineer would come on Friday. On Thursday evening, everything was working fine. On Friday morning, the engineer called me and I said that all was working fine. However, he still did some checks outside the property (or at least he told me that). He did not tell me anything when he finished and my issue was closed without further notice. On Friday afternoon, my broadband started to drop out again. Called BT back and they say another engineer would come on Saturday. On Saturday, as the issue was not fixed I called them again. Firstly, the guy told me that the engineer was working on the issue at that time, hence why the broadband was down. Then I called again and the lady said that the appointment was not booked at all with Openreach so no one was fixing my issue at all and that her colleague lied to me. She booked another engineer for Monday. On Sunday and Monday, all worked fine, and no engineer came on Monday either. On Tuesday things starting to drop out again. I rebooked another one for Wednesday 25th. On Wednesday, as no engineer was coming I called BT and they said that Openreach had cancelled the appointment (without notice) and no one was coming and the appointment was re-schedule for the 26th, Thursday. I was so annoyed as I am WFH and I havent be able to do so properly since 19th November. I have used my smartphone as hotspot but the speed is not the same and I have used all my data so I have had to buy a new add in, which I should not. On Thursday, and engineer finally came, he checked my connection, check the line and did some other checks and he said all should be fixed now. During Thursday all the way till Sunday no issues at all. However on Monday 30th in the morning, the broadband started to drop out again and it has been like that since then. I have called BT numerous times and they have said it is problem with the line, no the broadband so a particular engineer has to be booked. The first available appointment for that is on the 9th December.

are you telling me I have to live with broadband issues for 3 weeks (and another 9 days from today) and hope that all gets resolved on the 9th? I dont have any faith this will be resolved.

any help would be appreaciated.

thanks

0 Ratings