Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Eclectic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband Talk Number porting before closure

Can anyone advise on the possibility of porting a BBT number?

Mods?

or recent experience.

There are a lot of members of ITSPA - here, and reading their blurb it is supposed to be easy to port a VoIP number!

In our case we have an 056 number, which is very popular with family and friends now and re-training them all could be difficult. Smiley Frustrated. Having 2 numbers is very useful for a busy household.

I would upgrade to Infinity if I could port this number first, but cannot get a difinitive answer as to the possibility.

Thanks team.

Peter

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband Talk Number porting before closure

0 Ratings
Eclectic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Keith.

I have read all that and there is no answer.

Thought I would raise it again as it is nearly 'after 2013', the stated end time.

Peter

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The service is continuing for the moment, but they will be charging £3.50 a month for it, if you want to keep the free evening calls, otherwise it revert to free weekends only.

I am not interested in Infinity, as I get 10Mb download already on ADSL, and my overall package price is quite good, so I don`t need to re-contract. So I will keep BBT as long as possible, as the extra number is very useful.

0 Ratings
Eclectic
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

We currently pay £5 per month for free anytime on the BBT number.

Only 3Mbs here. So, infinity would be nice, considering the use the internet gets these days.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings