Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deeliteful
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Broadband Usage Allowance Question

Hi guys

I hope someone can answer my question as I have just spoke with a BT advisor online and I am no further forward. My question was simple enough but the answer was not. >.<

I basically want to know how they work out the usage allowance if you go over.

I have 40gb allowance per month and it looks like I'm going to be over at the end of the month. I know they charge £5.60 per every 5gb you go over, but my question is if I only go over by 1gb will I still be charged £5.60? And if - for example - I go over 6gb will I be charged £5.60 x 2 ??

Thanks in advance guys! I know someone here will help me as I've always had great responses in the past. The advisors could learn a thing or two. 😉

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband Usage Allowance Question

If you read this

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10495/c/346/?s_cid=con_FURL_broadbandusagepolicy&utm_...

What happens if I go over my monthly usage allowance?

If you exceed your usage allowance, you'll be charged for any additional usage in units of 5 gigabytes (Gb), at £5.60 per 5Gb or part thereof, which will appear in your next bill, and you will be sent an email to let you know.

So if you go over by 1GB, you will be charged £5.60.

Deeliteful
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith

Thanks for the speedy reply!

And yikes, I had a feeling it would be that. It seems unfair that if it's only 1GB you go over that they would charge you as if it were 5GB. >.<

I think the only solution is unlimited or not use the PC for a day or 2 so the usage can balance out. That's going to be a task in itself. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again ! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Unlimited is probably the way to go, and if you do it before the end of the month, you will not pay the excess usage charge.

0 Ratings