Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband and web browser

O no another pop up from bt 

i have to switch web web browsers to foxtrot or google... I have a sense of comfort with Microsoft , and bt are forcing a change...

It seems to me bt don’t listen don’t care and don’t give a monkeys.. with their latest price increase I’m off... I just don’t get it...perhaps they are trying to fill their black hole of a pension fund with our money???

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Anotheruser1
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband and web browser

Microsoft has replaced internet explorer with their new super fast browser called Edge. Although this is only the case for Windows 10. Edge is not available via windows 7 / 8 and i urge you to ensure your not getting blocked by your firewall. Also make sure BT parental controls are turned off. This is known to cause havoc with explorer.
If you want to run Edge on a Windows 7 / 8 machine you will need to use a VM with Windows 10 loaded. Microsoft site has these. VM ( virtual machine)
0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks.  I’m using micro 10 but will check the  other points thanks 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

@bbbill999 wrote:

O no another pop up from bt 

i have to switch web web browsers to foxtrot or google... I have a sense of comfort with Microsoft , and bt are forcing a change...

It seems to me bt don’t listen don’t care and don’t give a monkeys.. with their latest price increase I’m off... I just don’t get it...perhaps they are trying to fill their black hole of a pension fund with our money???

BT is not forcing you to change browsers on Windows 10.
The choice of browsers is yours.

0 Ratings
bbbill999
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Hi BT did say change or else, it was a pop up. Seeing others had problems it seems I hadn’t loaded edge. That’s now done

Two things if anyone can help

How do I migrate all info on internet explorer to edge?

And

I would like to download my outbox in its entirety to outlook. I have it for my incoming but not my outgoing.
When I do it, I want to KEEP myoutbox intact on bt and not delete them ( this happened a few years ago as outlook is programmed to auto delete) Ideas 🙂
0 Ratings