cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandonaldson
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Broadband changeover

Next week my broadband is set to switch to BT. I was just wondering how long my connection will be off for on the day? What time of day do they usually change it?

Also, I would like to use my present broadband modem for the connection. Is it OK to leave it connected while the change occurs? Will it just be a case of changing its username and password to get it working afterwards?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband changeover

I believe you may be contacted when the change over is going to happen and likewise when the change has happened however there have been many reports that this does not always happen. The change over can happen at any time up to midnight of the day the change over is to take place so its a case of keep checking if they don't call you.

You can use your own router without any problem. This username works:  bthomehub@btbroadband.com only use a pass word if the router asks for one. It can be anything. Other have reported that any name before ... @btbroadband also works. 

See this link for other settings if you need them.

http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7447/~/how-do-i-set-up-my-non-bt-router%3F

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

it can happen from mid night to midnight on the activation day  you may be down for around for up to 30 minutes yes you can leave your router connected and just change the user name and password

0 Ratings
sandonaldson
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

So is it not my BT email address and password you use to connect the the broadband? That is what I use for my present ISP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

No it is not your BT email address and password.

0 Ratings
db218
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Having gone through this within the last month, you are unlikely to be contacted by a BT Openreach engineer unless you are getting Infinity and they therefore need to visit your property and the local street cabinet.

Your service will simply die, when the Openreach engineer at the exchange remove the old ISPs equipment if they were a LLU ISP, or if you were on a WBC product with your pevious ISP it is purely a configuration change which can be done at any time in the day.

My connection, formerly with a LLU provider, was down for less than 5 minutes, I simply had to plug in the new HH4 instead, and have yet to try using my old modem.

0 Ratings