cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Broadband fault in my area - BT support non-existent

We lost our broadband yesterday morning and still haven't got it back. We've been phoning BT and no one answers. At 7.30 this morning I managed to get through to a recorded message acknowledging a "major problem" in our area and promising to resolve it within two hours. It's now 2.45pm and we still have no broadband, almost 30 hours after we lost it. And the message is still saying "within two hours".

Meanwhile, I've just been on BT's website, which says the broadband fault in our area was reported on 6th August and gives an expected completed date of 26TH AUGUST.

What is going on??! Why this conflicting information from BT? And why is no one available to apologise and provide support??

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 17

Re: Broadband fault in my area - BT support non-existent

I seriously don't beleieve that nobody is available to help. There has been major outages today due to the storms so call volumes are likely higher so wait times may be longer but you will get through to someone if you hold on

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

We've been waiting 15 minutes on average, both yesterday and today. The last time we waited 30 minutes, then the phone went dead. How long are we supposed to wait??

And what about the wildly different expected completion times? We have no way of knowing if it will take BT hours or weeks to fix this. I'm no longer able to work from home, and my family are unable to do numerous things including making job applications. Even in the current COVID situation, it's inexcusable. 

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 17

Everyone in the area is in the same boat there might even be BT employees unable to work from home as well. I get it's not the best situation but everyone is doing their upmost including the engineers workimg on fixing the issues

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

That's why it's totally unacceptable to have a recorded message saying the work will be completed within two hours and an online message saying it won't be completed for two weeks! How are BT's customers and/or staff expected to deal with that?? By telling themselves "We're all in the same boat"??

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Surely you're not suggesting this communication fail is because BT's own employees have lost their broadband too?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 17

Not at all. They maybe just haven't had the opportunity to update the recorded message. Whatever it is it's not the best

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Not the best? Quite an understatement considering BT is the UK's biggest broadband supplier...

0 Ratings
PostTruth
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

What's the compensation policy? Do you have to draw up an entire dossier to get more than the few quid BT's rubbish broadband would have cost you anyway?

0 Ratings
garybs29
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 17

Compensation details here https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

If your broadbands rubbish normally as well feel free to post more details on what the issue is & we can maybe help as well

0 Ratings