Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDKGunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Broadband getting shutdown next year?

Go to solution

I was told by my mother that she got a phone call from BT saying that next year they were shutting down all broadband access and that unless she upgrades and pays a £6 charge she will no longer be able to access the internet at all could someone please tell me that this was just some idiotic scam trying to gain access to her bank account as she is not a gamer like myself (I have Infinity Option 2) so she has no need for fiberoptic she just uses the connection that she is paying for now to keep in touch with people sort various important documents out when needed (For example documents for a friends wedding) among other things.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband getting shutdown next year?

Go to solution
total rubbish
0 Ratings
MDKGunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

So she doesnt have to worry about getting disconnected the service she pays for will continue as it is?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
yes everything will carry on as normal I have never heard such a ridiculous thing
Highlighted
MDKGunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you that'll please us all

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

It was probably some over-enthusiastic sales person who is being paid on commission for each customer they manage to sign up to Infinity.

BT really really wants everybody to sign up to Infinity.  If you live infinity-enabled area but haven't signed up for it (like me) you will probably be fed up with BT's endless attempts to get you to sign up.

0 Ratings
MDKGunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Well as i said before my mother has no use for infinity plus her laptop is not even powerful to actually get anything out of it so it would essentially be a waste of money on her side at least they aren't like these PPI or other voice messages that have suddenly started to come back over the past few weeks.

0 Ratings