cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matti
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Broadband installation vs Coronavirus

Hello, I have moved in my new home taking BT broadband with me. There was home installation scheduled for tomorrow however I am not sure if BT is continuing to visit customers homes to set them up due to recent government announcement.

Does anyone of you know if they’ve changed their policy here? Tried to call them 3 times and wasted nearly 2 hours in queue without any luck... I am worried ether wouldn’t come tomorrow to set me up but I need my broadband to work from home! I’m terrified, I still need to earn money but I can’t without Wi-fi.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband installation vs Coronavirus

jemgreen
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Does anyone have an update on this as we are now in lock-down

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 8

Hi @jemgreen the situation has changed since Keith last posted to you. Check out the latest update and due to the circumstances, engineers are not carrying out internal work at the property.

thanks
John

0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Hi there,

i was due to have an engineer tomorrow morning come out to put a new faceplate on my master socket so the gfast activate to be complete.

I assume this wouldnt happen either?  The reason I asked my appointment is still showing as booked and not received any cancellation or text notifications yet.

Whats the best thing to do here?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@j0nezjm76uk 

It will not happen now.

0 Ratings
j0nezjm76uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Thanks for the reply.

I'm disappointed to say the least that the status on my order hasnt been updated or even had a communication via email or text to me.  It appears some customers have been getting these notifications other have not.

Disppointing experience!!!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 8 of 8

Hi @j0nezjm76uk, As Openreach have stopped home visits the appointment will no longer be happening.  I'm really sorry you haven't been contacted regarding this, with the current situation changing rapidly and our staffing levels being impacted it's been difficult contacting all customers affected by the cancellations.

0 Ratings