Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chezz_Moon
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband issue worse after engineer visit

Good morning,

Im a severely disgruntled BT customer right now and I’m wondering if anyone here can help.

For the last few weeks my BT Smart Hub has been randomly restarting itself.  There is no pattern to the restarts; it just happens whenever it feels like it.  Then for two consecutive nights last week (15th and 16th October)it went totally down at more or less the exact same time on both nights (around 00:30).  Downtime was about 10 minutes each time and the internet came back on as soon as I began the troubleshooting steps! Having been through a similar nightmare with my previous provider which deteriorated into an absolute farce with no internet for months, I am keen to avoid the same happening again with BT so I contacted BT on 17th October to report this.  The gentleman I spoke to was actually very friendly very helpful.  A fault outside the home was identified and an engineer visit was booked for 21st October and something was done on his end to, in his words “give me a bit more stability until the engineer visit”.  This seemed to have worked because there was no more (noticeable at least) downtime from then on.

The 21st arrives, the engineer came and ran his checks and said everything was fine with my equipment. This I already knew because the fault was diagnosed as being something OUTSIDE and this was relayed to him! Anyway, the internet chugged along as it had been doing, after he left...right up until just before  1:30am when everything went down.  Solid orange light has been present for the last hour or so, meaning that the problem has now gotten worse. No amount of troubleshooting or refreshing is helping and I am absolutely fuming!  

It seems the engineer has done nothing with regards to fixing the issue and now I am left with no internet!  

Up until this issue, my broadband has been pretty good but now it’s the complete opposite and what I am not going to do is be taken through the same drama with BT as I went through with the last lot!

Is someone able to contact me and let me know what on earth  is going on and most importantly when I will get the service that I’m paying for?! Why after a visit is the problem getting worse instead of better?! 

I have a teenager in the house who relies on internet for college work as well as entertainment, not to mention nearly EVERYTHING else these days is reliant on internet connection (I was actually in the middle of some banking when it went down) and mobile data isn’t enough.  

I need this fixed and I need it fixed now! Can anyone look into this please?

The error code I’m getting is Nc3-1

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband issue worse after engineer visit

@Chezz_Moon 

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Chezz_Moon
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Good morning @Keith_Beddoe 

Thank you for your reply 🙂.  I’ve dug out a handset and done as you suggested and there is no noise between the announcements. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

If there is an ongoing problem with your phone line, then it will still be there, whichever provider you use, however, the BT forum moderators are very good in resolving these issues.

Message 5 of 5

Hi @Chezz_Moon

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your posts!

I'm really sorry that you're having connection problems with your broadband.  You can get in touch with us and we will give you a hand from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings