cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithp
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Broadband keeps dropping - reset smartbox?

licquorice
Distinguished Sage 
Distinguished Sage

Message 9 of 10

In which case it is a wifi problem not broadband connection.

Ok - so how come it has only started happening in the past few weeks? And after there were local issues which BT were sorting out.

I have followed all the advice about location, etc and have never had an issue before, also the dropouts only occur once or  twice a day and aometimes not at all, ao again I am confused.

How will changing the settings make any diference if it worked ok before - or is it a case that one or two dropouts every few days or weeks is acceptable?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

from what you have posted it is not the hub dropping internet conenction as light remains blue but it is your device(s) dropping wireless conenction to the hub that is the problem  it is possble that someone close by is using different route and on same channel as you so make the network splet and changing channel may well be tye solution to your problem  you won't know though until you try

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@keithp wrote:

Distinguished Sage 
Distinguished Sage

In which case it is a wifi problem not broadband connection.

Ok - so how come it has only started happening in the past few weeks? And after there were local issues which BT were sorting out.

I have followed all the advice about location, etc and have never had an issue before, also the dropouts only occur once or  twice a day and aometimes not at all, ao again I am confused.

How will changing the settings make any diference if it worked ok before - or is it a case that one or two dropouts every few days or weeks is acceptable?

Because there is something interfering with the wireless signal that wasn't there before, changing the channel might prevent the interference.

Just try it and see if it helps, its not going to make anything worse.

0 Ratings
keithp
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

OK, I assume if it makes it worse, Ic an reset it back again?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

Yes

0 Ratings