cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwils11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband problem

For about a week now I have been having problems with my broadband, the 5 ghz channel on my hub 5 has been stable but the 2.4 ghz channel has a weak range and slow speed and as this channel usually works throughout my house I now have no broadband upstairs, I have tried rebooting the hub numerous times with no success, does this mean my 5 year old hub has died?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband problem

Have you tried changing wireless channel?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kwils11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I have tried changing the channel in the hub settings but with no success, only the 2.4 ghz band is affected
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you are still in contract, ring the help desk and get them to send a replacement hub.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @kwils11 I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your old Hub, did you manage to get that sorted? If you need any help with this let me know.

0 Ratings
kwils11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi NeilO,
Thank you for your reply, I have just returned from work and still have no Wi-fi upstairs in my house, the 2.4 ghz band is still dropping, I have just called your helpline to be told that there is no issue with my broadband and the only way I can guarantee wi fi upstairs is to upgrade to bt complete, I have had bt broadband for years and it has always worked upstairs without buying discs, the only other option I was offered was an £85 engineer visit which I declined, what do you suggest I do now
0 Ratings