cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwils11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband problem

For about a week now I have been having problems with my broadband, the 5 ghz channel on my hub 5 has been stable but the 2.4 ghz channel has a weak range and slow speed and as this channel usually works throughout my house I now have no broadband upstairs, I have tried rebooting the hub numerous times with no success, does this mean my 5 year old hub has died?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband problem

Have you tried changing wireless channel?
0 Ratings
kwils11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I have tried changing the channel in the hub settings but with no success, only the 2.4 ghz band is affected
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you are still in contract, ring the help desk and get them to send a replacement hub.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @kwils11 I'm really sorry to see you're having problems with your old Hub, did you manage to get that sorted? If you need any help with this let me know.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
kwils11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Hi NeilO,
Thank you for your reply, I have just returned from work and still have no Wi-fi upstairs in my house, the 2.4 ghz band is still dropping, I have just called your helpline to be told that there is no issue with my broadband and the only way I can guarantee wi fi upstairs is to upgrade to bt complete, I have had bt broadband for years and it has always worked upstairs without buying discs, the only other option I was offered was an £85 engineer visit which I declined, what do you suggest I do now
0 Ratings