cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldKingCoel
Message 1 of 6

Broadband speed tesdting

Hi. Ive just had an email from BT which said my Broadband service could be better and, among other things, invited to do a speed test. So I tried to. I was told to downloash Adobe Flash so I did. Went back to test. Told me to download Flash again. So I did.

Tried to test .... yes, you'ver guessed it. It told me to download flash again!

Anyone any thoughts?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband speed tesdting

try a different browser

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Did you install it after the download??
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

@OldKingCoel wrote:

Hi. Ive just had an email from BT which said my Broadband service could be better and, among other things, invited to do a speed test. So I tried to. I was told to downloash Adobe Flash so I did. Went back to test. Told me to download Flash again. So I did.

Tried to test .... yes, you'ver guessed it. It told me to download flash again!

Anyone any thoughts?

Have you checked that the email was really from BT ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Did you download flash from a link within the email? If you did it is a bit late now but you should never download flash from anywhere except the Adobe website. https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

If you did download it from a link, you should check to see where the link actually took you by hovering your mouse over the link. If it does not show that it is taking you to the Adobe website you should do a virus scan and a malware scan of your computer.

The BT speed test is here.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

It may be that your browser is having problems running Flash. To assist with that you will need to post what Operating system your computer is using and what browser you are using.

0 Ratings
pmustang
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I've attempted to download Adobe Flash about 40 times. 

I am told I don't have it by BT speedtester. 

I download it from the proper site. I then install it, It tells me to turn off Safari, which I do and then it completes. It says it has finished, I then save it to my Dock, 

I then try to run the Speedtester again with Flash installed and it still says it is not there. 

The next time I turn on my computer Flash is gone from my dock. A gray Question mark is in its place. 

I am fairly sure its a MAC issue as I saw on one BT page that the speedtester may have issues with MAC, Would be nice if they told you that as its the first time I have seen there is an issue

Also. after Googling the Gray Question mark after installing Adobe, i followed the instructions and uninstalled it, I then reinstalled it. Same issue occurs. 

Best of luck and if you find a solution I'd love to hear it. 

cheers. peter 

0 Ratings