Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coslindasaid
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband usage levels different

Go to solution

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and am probably asking an age old question but possibly worded differently..

I'm having problems with exceeding or coming close to my broadband limit.  Having recently upgraded to BB opt 2 from opt 1 I seem to be coming close to the new higher limit at the same time of the month as I was on the previous much lower limit despite my usage habits not really changing.  I have checked the bb usage on the BT site and compared to the levels on the hub manager, but the hub manager shows levels hugely different ie BT monitor 10.5 gb total and hub monitor 1.6 gb total...

The hub password is regularly changed to prevent unauthorised access etc just in case...

Could anybody offer any advice or suggestions? Please....

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband usage levels different

Go to solution

the usage on the hub will reset everytime you reset the hub sounless you take note of the amount before you reset and then total them up you won't get a comparison with the usage monitor

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
coslindasaid
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for that.  I did check that (the second time) but it is still confusing me...

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Are you able to get a good signal for FON/Openzone because you have 10,000 minutes per month available where ever you are and these will not count against your usage limit.

I appreciate that this doesn't actually solve your problem but by using your minutes first you create a sizeable buffer.

Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
that would be at a substantially lower download speed if you did that and the lower speed may not suit the users online activities
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The hub usage figures can reset to zero not just if you reset it, but also if it loses the connection and re-connects again automatically.  You need to check the connection time as well.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@Ectophile wrote:

The hub usage figures can reset to zero not just if you reset it, but also if it loses the connection and re-connects again automatically.  You need to check the connection time as well.

That's right, and the hub counter can also reset without any hub disconnections at all. I'm away from home at present, but the last time I checked the hub was showing something like 2GB used in about 45 days. Not possible.

If I had reason to check the hub against the monitor, I would try to do it every 24 hours as close as possible to the monitor's daily update at midnight.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.