cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Broadband usage monitor

When are us poor mortals on a limited data package going to get a decent broadband usage monitor? (or is the idea to get everyone onto unlimited?)

I suggest that an ideal broadband usage monitor has the following characteristics:

1) Updates in real time.
2) Predicts total end of month usage figure based on daily usage to date plus other statistical options.
3) Offers a variety of display configurations, (graphical, bar etc).

BT’s naff usage monitor implementation:

1) Sometimes takes up to a couple of days to update.
2) Doesn’t predict end of month usage figure but instead only gives average monthly usage which is of little or no interest to me.
3) Very limited display configurations.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Brighton_Rock
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband usage monitor

@bobbear wrote:
When are us poor mortals on a limited data package going to get a decent broadband usage monitor? (or is the idea to get everyone onto unlimited?)

I suggest that an ideal broadband usage monitor has the following characteristics:

1) Updates in real time.
2) Predicts total end of month usage figure based on daily usage to date plus other statistical options.

2) Doesn’t predict end of month usage figure but instead only gives average monthly usage which is of little or no interest to me.

Actually the monitor is even worse than your summary suggests. A number of us have seen the date increment but haven't seen the usage update  for weeks. There is a long discussion over in the 'Packages' forum.

Michael
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband usage monitor

@bobbear wrote:

1) Updates in real time.

Have a look at the following.  The implication is that the vast majority of BT Broadband users are perfectly happy with the current situation:

http://community.bt.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/IdeasBank/article-id/263/page/2#comments

0 Ratings